Thursday 17 May 2012

My Relationship with Ellipsis...

Who is Ellipsis, you ask? 

I've got this love-hate thing going on with Ellipsis. Sometimes I adore them, but other times they drive me crazy, leaving me hanging with unanswered questions. I can't live without them, yet they're always causing me grief whenever he decides to drop them into our conversations.

Once, I dared to ask him, "Why the constant use of ellipses? Is there something you're not saying, leaving me to figure it out?"

And what did he reply with? You guessed it...

I was left speechless, staring at those three dots, trying to decipher their meaning. But did he ever give me a straight answer? Nope. Typical.

Yet, every now and then, those pesky ellipses surprise me. But at times, I know what he means by them. Finding them at the end of romantic lyrics texted by him whispers a thousand words to me. And sometimes, just sometimes I love them with all my heart. I can't help but smile.

But when he ends a conversation with ellipses, I can't help but feel annoyed. It's like he's leaving things unfinished, dangling in the air.

And once, just once for that turning moment, when he said: I never want this conversation to end... 
And it is left with me forever...Undying and Unspoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...