Saturday 2 May 2015

A to Z challenge 2015: Survival and Reflections from the Journey


I remember the diverse feeling conjunct with enthusiasm on April 1, 2015. Days leaped even before I realized (time has been playing havoc with me, it's already May). I randomly landed on a blog where I came across the A to Z 2014 survivor's badge. So when I discovered more about the challenge, the sign-up list was already beyond 500 blog listings. The uncanny part of me wanted to be the 1000th signee. So I would visit the blog every day to check if the list is nearing 999. I visited the co-hosts' blogs from 2014 to get an idea of how the challenge worked. So I went on to decide the theme, even though initially I wanted the arbitrariness of blogging to reflect.
But...

I had stumbled upon a Fitzgerald quote in the Typewriter series long ago. I found Tyler Knott Gregson, R.M Drake, Christopher Poindexter and e.h when I researched about Typewriter series poetry. It could be one of the witless things I've done lately, Typewriter Series Poetry without a Typewriter. I didn't look for the font, I should have had. I should've experimented I think. I used ipiccy for the typewriter font and adjectives starting for my exquisite adjectives.
 
Some things consumed most of my time including an abrupt fever week, a test and my birthday. The week I did not post, I was whiling away my time with celebration and most of that in being indecisive. I wanted to do a birthday-related post on the same day, but I'm postponing it to One hundredth blog post.
Also, I have been making up my mind to introduce images to the blog. I have added my A to Z challenge posts on Pinterest as well.

Coming to the Reflections in its rightful sense.

#1  I was close to giving up when I couldn't post for four days in a row, but something we call will wouldn't let me.

#2  Stream of consciousness helped me to a great extent. I had not planned since I wasn't certain about how the challenge would proceed. I did what Hemingway said "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."

#3  I was elated by the encouragement from fellow bloggers I received on Day 1 and on the days I posted on time.

#4  I discovered a new path to withstanding with deeper levels. Also experimenting, initially I selected a vintage paper background where in I got bored and experimented with other textures and hues.
I would've selected a new background for every letter, related to the theme/adjective, if only I had time to plan.

#5  I realized I should've added the meaning of the selected adjectives.

#6  I did not face writer's block until I sat down to write for the letter Z. I was blank for more than 8 hours. I took a nap to clear things off my mind and then I completed the post.

#7  I am looking forward to next year's challenge, I will be blogging from the other blogs as well, if I'm not too occupied.

#8  After the first half, I failed to visit blogs and drop comments. However, I made a point to visit the ones who took their time to reflect on my posts.

A worth-learning, looking deeper in terms of my blogging journey, even though I'm peculiar about my blog posts I would be paying special attention to the intricate details I often overlook. I am thankful to my fellow bloggers who added a zest to my dulling enthusiasm with their comments. 
A heartfelt vote of thanks to the Host and Co-Hosts of the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing and you seem to have written a very honest reflections post here. I hope I will be visiting again during the A to Z road trip as I wasn't able to visit during the actual Challenge (I got through about one fifth of the blogs and was really pleased with this) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great introspection. A lot of people suffered visiting fatigue about midway. So glad you'll be back next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing the challenge!
    You know, it's never too late to start visiting other blogs...you have until April next year! (lol) So far, I've visited 450+ and counting beginning with the ones immediately below me in the signup linky and several others in the higher numbers. It does take a lot of time to visit and comment, but I set myself limits and set my computer to go to sleep after a certain time so I'm not tempted to go into blogging overtime! (lol). I hope you'll pop on over to my blog in the future. ;-)

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year!

    Mary @ Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on surviving the challenge! I hope you come back again next year :) If you want to visit blogs you missed, there will be a Road Trip on the main blog :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again :) first 28, now 26.. Great!

    ReplyDelete

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...