Wednesday 15 February 2012

14.1.2012

20:16: 37 PM

The last time I saw you, you sat across from me in a crowd-less café on the outskirts of the city and were looking reluctantly back in my eyes, waiting for me to speak. For all I knew, I wished time would freeze and the moment would never end. You made the silence between us feel like peace. Watching you playfully roll your eyes and complain my quietness in nonchalant tones, only made me laugh. Running your gaze all around the place, to find our spot. You stole glances at me when I wasn't looking and walked away to the counter to get me that extra cup of coffee, at the same time complaining about it being my third cup.

Walking the tree-lined streets with you, under the crescent moon made me realize I need to withdraw myself from this entanglement.

This one last time...

And now, I sat there, where we sat a few months ago. Looking at all those pictures we clicked for remembrance, I realize how much I miss you. I ache for the sound of your laughter at my naivety and your complaining tone for not receiving your calls. 
In this moment, the void of your absence weighs heavily on me.

Thank you for letting me be me.

Maybe, just maybe you didn't read my silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...