Monday 13 February 2012

A Hopeless Romantic

I first encountered the phrase Hopeless Romantic back in school, and my initial impression was that it described someone geeky. How wrong I was! As I grew older, someone (I had a crush on) called me a hopeless romantic (I secretly think he meant that I was a hopeless case). That sarcastic boy! 😠

 Aren't people who cling to their hope called optimists? Optimistic romantic. No. Hopeless sounds way better and has a ring to it.  When I tried to analyze what a hopeless romantic truly looks like by Googling and researching, to my disappointment, the conclusion was already known.

So, what does the dictionary say?

A hopeless romantic is a person who holds sentimental and idealistic views on love, especially in spite of experience, evidence, or exhortations otherwise.

Source: dictionary.com

Well, I have my rose-coloured glasses on *adjusts her glasses*. 

I'm an idealist. Is it a crime not to be? A sentimental dreamer? For life. Does it mean they see everything painted in the hue of love? And art? Writing is an art too, isn't it?

And I still wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...