Friday 1 April 2016

Absence does make the heart grow fonder



How do you forget someone?

I don't remember the last time I saw him. The last time he screeched for cashews or for nuts.
I don't remember the last time, I slept beside him, cuddling him with his feathers tingling my cheeks.

I have not seen him in days, months or probably years. I don't remember how he looks until I accidentally come across his pictures while browsing my gallery. I don't remember the intonations in his call or screeches, it seems a distant voice now.
Somehow slowly, the outlining of his presence started withering with time. And when I would close my eyes, the outlines would crawl back. The picture in my mind of you would darken with the time. When I would hear your name, your memory would not flash back in the thunder.
Everything about you is fading, withering with time.
And sometimes, it takes reminding, It would never take forgetting you.
I would always paint you back in my mind. But this time, I'll paint your head pinker.



7 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written as I could feel it. But a quite melancholy start into the challenge...

    www.claowuepotpourri.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words painted a vivid picture for the reader to imagine that in your next painting the head would be pinker. Nice start for the challenge. Visiting from the List...participant one below your name.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, absence def makes the heart grow fonder :)
    Suzanne from
    Suzannes Tribe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting on the 2nd day of the #Challenge. This is the best part, finding new blogs. I'll be back. If you have an interest in historic hotels and inns, join me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written, I could totally picture the scene
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...