Tuesday 22 August 2017

Things that I miss...

At this very moment, I miss the sun. 🌞

I am tired of the rain and the perpetual wet, humid weather. I have developed a strong dislike for the dampness of the sheets. I hate the damp wind, the tiny droplets, and the minuscule driblets of rain that leap out from the open windows. 

There is nothing I can hate at this moment. Rain is more like an insecurity of my mind!

I miss staying up all night and sleeping at the dawn.
I miss the flame tree. I think I'll always miss it.
I miss my nephew's real-time giggles.
I miss my old phone (even though it is still mine)
I miss those empty moments where I'd drift into unknown realms.
I miss reading other writers. 
I miss poetry!
I miss being naïve and careless about everything under the sky.

But I am savoring...
The strange sleepy vacant faces I see at 5.40 am on my way to work. The gushing cacophony of the southwest wind. All her persevering gestures of being a supportive mother. How delightfully my birds jump at me when I return home. Nightmare-less afternoon sleep. Silent stares.
Familiar excited faces in the classrooms. The feeling of being in exile (From classroom to staffroom.)
Evoking ideas. Loving minimalist writings (Raymond Carver). Striving to be published in SA quarterly. Monotony. Barely there social life. Stockpiling my closet with chic ethnic wear.
Close listening, deep reading. Craving for vegan cupcakes. Being ignited. Loving, deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...