Monday 23 March 2015

Healthy Breakfast picks made tastier with Kellogg's

My childhood breakfast memories are filled with the aroma of hot, piping idlis with sambar, poha topped with grated coconut, vegetable omelettes, and generously coated bread with marmalade—all thanks to Mom's culinary skills. She is the epitome of balanced cooking, blending nutrition with taste seamlessly.

As we grow up, the responsibility of preparing our own breakfast falls on our shoulders. Thanks to Google, a plethora of recipes is at our fingertips, allowing us to elevate our meals with both nutrition and taste.

On busy days, I resort to a quick glass of mylk. However, when time permits, I enjoy creating something both nutritious and tasty, unwilling to compromise on flavour.

Recently, a friend liked a post on Kellogg's wall featuring a recipe named Walnut Cornflakes Choco Balls. My encounters with cornflakes were limited to my mother's creation—coating mixed vegetables in crushed cornflakes for crispy and crunchy nuggets with a mouth-watering texture and a spicy, tangy filling.

Upon discovering the Walnut Cornflakes Choco Balls recipe, I was genuinely astonished.
You can check them here: https://www.facebook.com/anaajkanashta.
I've compiled all the recipes featured by Kellogg’s on their Facebook page, and to my surprise, they offer not only healthier alternatives to my nutrition-lacking breakfast options but also tastier ones. These recipes are simple and can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. One standout is the Kellogg’s Cornflakes Chivda, a healthier option to popcorn for TV snacking.

My personal favorite is enjoying cornflakes with warm milk, topped with almonds and chocolate sauce on chilly winter nights. I prefer refrigerating my cornflakes before consumption.

Cornflakes come in various flavors, and I've stocked up on my favorites. A dietician friend recommends having cereals or cornflakes with fresh fruits. Upon researching, I found that a bowl of cornflakes provides 100 calories and 45% of the daily recommended iron intake. Iron is crucial for improving concentration and stimulating the brain. For those aiming to lose weight, cornflakes are an excellent breakfast option as they are free of saturated fat and cholesterol. Using skim milk or soy milk further enhances the health benefits.

Since discovering these nutritious and healthier breakfast and snacking recipes, I rarely go hungry. I always have Cornflakes Chivda, Cornflakes Walnut Choco Balls, and Cornflakes Coconut Ladoos ready in the refrigerator. The best part? My mother is no longer worried about my nutrition as if I were a growing kid. I certainly feel all grown up. So, here’s a treat for all those who have endured my breakfast and nutrition rants.



And I can't wait to visit Guptaji’s for delicious and nutrients rich Nashta with Kellogg's.
Visit https://www.youtube.com/user/kelloggindia for more such innovative recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...