Saturday 28 March 2015

My Conclusive Bucketlist: Ten wishful things

The term "conclusive" is my deliberate attempt to convey that my bucket list extends beyond reasonable limits. Life, being unpredictable and ever-changing, finds solace in the brighter side of my extensive existence, and perhaps in anybody's.





Suppose I had a mere month left to live, and I was aware that countless wishful years would come to an end. In these thirty days, here's a list of ten things I would do:

1. Documenting days
   I'd transcribe my life into a journal, filling blank pages with the entirety of my years and the last few moments. It wouldn't be an autobiography but a stream of consciousness in realism, confessing, lamenting over mistakes, and apologizing as if to a person.

2. Evoking life and independence in two unprivileged kids
   In a preachy yet impactful move, I would provide financial support through a parent for the education of two random underprivileged kids.

3. Happiness
   Knowing that happiness is contagious, I'd indulge in comedies to provoke laughter. I'd perform little, often-ignored gestures to make those around me happy, writing inspirational letters to be discovered later, evoking varied emotions.

4. Dates 
   No romantic dates, just casual conversations with loved ones in a moderately crowded coffee shop, savoring coffee and the love for that person. A moment of comfort and relaxation.

5. Give away and donate belongings
   I'd part with my belongings, giving books to the library, clothes to the needy, and anything usable to those who need.

6. Teach someone something
   A simple act of passing on knowledge, reminiscent of teaching a neighbour girl fractions in childhood.

7. Celebrate my birthday
   A celebration without numbered candles, adorned with birthday hats, coloured balloons, and an attempt to let everyone act like kids again.

8. Read something beautiful every day
   To elevate courage and positivity, I'd read a beautiful paragraph or quotes daily, spending time staying awake and truly living.

9. Apologize
   A sincere apology to anyone I've intentionally or unintentionally hurt.

10. Random acts of living
    Retrieving my tucked-away bucket list, I'd laugh at its naivety, ticking off achievable things like planting a tree, sleeping under stars, or having ice cream in the rain.

As I conclude this post, the realization dawns that many things, especially life itself, are taken for granted. I need not wait until facing the specter of death to do these things. Recognizing my tendency to procrastinate, I acknowledge the significance of time, the only constraint. So, I metaphorically remove the batteries from the clocks, sit back, plan, and embrace my true self, echoing the words of Dr. Seuss - "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

2 comments:

  1. I actually promoted this post blindly and moved on (like i always do) but my curiosity got the better of me and i came back and read this post. I am glad that i did otherwise i would have missed one of the coolest posts I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A different list all together and completely not out of reach :). I loved your blog.
    soniakundrasingh.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I am pleased you took out few minutes to read this. And Thank you for your observation you will leave behind on A Poesy Discourse.

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

I find my unsettled mind ablaze with increasing fervor—an impulse challenging the dominance of writing above all else in the current context...